Event Code of Conduct
FS-ISAC dedicates itself to a positive, safe, and harassment-free conference experience in which diverse participants may learn, network, and enjoy the company of colleagues in an environment of mutual respect. FS-ISAC values diverse opinions and viewpoints, irrespective of gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, disability, physical appearance, ethnicity, religion or other group identity or political beliefs. At FS-ISAC events, we come together as one.
This code of conduct outlines FS-ISAC’s expectations for participant behavior, as well as the consequences for unacceptable behavior.
We expect all conference participants (staff, sponsors, speakers, moderators, attendees, and guests) to abide by this code of conduct throughout the conference and all FS-ISAC-related social events.
Additionally, we invite all participants to help us realize a safe and positive conference experience for everyone by calling FS-ISAC’s attention to the harassment of others.
FS-ISAC asks all attendees to:
- Be considerate, respectful, collaborative, and courteous to those in attendance.
- Act fairly, honestly, and with integrity.
- Uphold the reputation and good standing of FS-ISAC and of your firm.
- Wear clothing suitable for a professional work environment.
- This is a community of positivity and collaboration. Do engage. Introduce yourself. Do be respectful. Show kindness and respect to different opinions and experiences. Remember we are here to learn and connect.
- Assist security efforts and display your badge at all times, and help prevent unbadged people from attending our events. For security, only meet with badged event attendees while at the venue.
- We ask that you adhere to the COVID Color Coded Policy. More details on the COVID FAQs.
Unacceptable Behavior & Materials
FS-ISAC will not tolerate the following from any attendee at any of the FS-ISAC event or related social activities:
- Intimidating, harassing, abusing, threatening, annoying, or demeaning another attendee in any form, whether in-person, electronic, via social media, or other mediums. Harassment includes, but not limited, to:
- Sexual or offensive comments (verbal, written, or otherwise) not limited to gender, sexual orientation, race, religion, or disability.
- Inappropriate use of nudity and/or sexual images in public spaces (including presentation slides).
- Deliberate intimidation, stalking or following.
- Inappropriate materials, photography or recording in presentations.
- Sustained disruption of presentations, talks, or at other FS-ISAC-related events (whether verbal or otherwise).
- Unwelcome sexual attention.
- Any other behavior that attendees find unsafe, offensive, or disruptive.
- Saying discriminatory or derogatory comments about another attendee.
- Sharing your badge with anyone and trying to attend with someone else’s badge.
FS-ISAC will also not tolerate:
- Intentionally causing damage to the venue facilities.
- Any lewd or offensive behavior or language including, but not limited to, using sexually explicit or offensive language, materials or conduct, or any language, behavior or content that contains profanity, obscene gestures, or racial, religious, or ethnic slurs.
- Audio or visual recording of any presentation or attendee without their prior consent.
- Not following the TLP AMBER designation of FS-ISAC events.
- Not adhering to, disrupting event activities, or arguing with FS-ISAC staff or other attendees.
- Allowing anyone else to represent you at an event.
- Allowing anyone else to use your badge to enter the event, or knowingly using someone else’s badge to enter
Consequences of Unacceptable Behavior
FS-ISAC will not tolerate unacceptable behavior, as outlined in this document. FS-ISAC expects anyone asked to stop the unacceptable behavior immediately. Alcohol consumption is not an excuse for unacceptable behavior.
If a conference participant engages in unacceptable behavior, the conference organizers may take any action they deem appropriate, including expelling the offender from the conference without warning with no re-entry. If expelled from an event:
- there will be no refund of any sponsorship or admission costs,
- and FS-ISAC will consider disqualifying the individual(s) from partaking in future events.
- Specifically with badge swapping, all individuals could receive disqualification, such as the person providing the badge and anyone else using the badge.
All determinations of inappropriate behavior are at FS-ISAC's sole discretion and the decision(s) of FS-ISAC will be final.
What to do if you witness or are subject to unacceptable behavior?
Please notify any FS-ISAC staff or FS-ISAC on-site security staff as soon as possible if subjected to unacceptable behavior, notice that someone else is in distress or being subjected to unacceptable behavior, or have any other concerns. All reports to FS-ISAC will remain completely confidential.
FS-ISAC asks you call local authorities if there is a public safety concern.
If you feel a situation warrants executive escalation, please contact FS-ISAC staff at registration.