Event Code of Conduct
At FS-ISAC, we believe in equality for all. As such, we are committed to creating event environments that are respectful, positive, diverse, inclusive, safe, and free from discrimination. FS-ISAC values diverse opinions and viewpoints, irrespective of gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, disability, physical appearance, ethnicity, religion, other group identity or political beliefs.
This code of conduct outlines FS-ISAC’s expectations for participant behavior, as well as the consequences for unacceptable behavior.
We expect all event participants (staff, sponsors, speakers, moderators, attendees and guests) to abide by this Code of Conduct throughout the event and related social events. We invite all participants to help us maintain a safe and positive event experience through reporting disregard of this Code of Conduct by any person participating in the event.
FS-ISAC asks all attendees to:
- Be considerate, respectful, collaborative, and courteous to those in attendance.
- Act fairly, honestly, and with integrity.
- Uphold the reputation and good standing of FS-ISAC and of your firm.
- Show respect and understanding to different opinions and experiences.
- Wear your event badge at all times in the meeting or social event space.
- Only meet with registered event attendees while at the event.
- Wear clothing suitable for a professional work environment.
- Do not attend the event if you are exhibiting seasonal or other illness symptoms.
Unacceptable Behavior & Materials
FS-ISAC will not tolerate the following from any attendee at the event or related social activities:
- Intimidating, harassing, abusing, threatening, annoying, or demeaning another attendee in any form, whether in-person, electronic, social media or other medium. This includes, but is not limited, to:
- Using discriminatory or derogatory language directed at another participant.
- Sexual or offensive comments, verbal, written or otherwise; and not limited to gender, sexual orientation, race, religion, disability or politics.
- Inappropriate use of nudity and/or sexual images in public spaces.
- Deliberate intimidation, stalking or following and unwelcome sexual attention.
- Inappropriate presentation materials, photography or recording of the event.
- Sustained disruption of presentations, talks, or social events, verbal or otherwise.
- Acting in a manner that is generally recognized as unsafe, offensive or disruptive.
- Sharing your badge or attending with someone else’s badge.
FS-ISAC will also not tolerate:
- Lewd, offensive behavior or language including, but not limited to, using sexually explicit or offensive language, materials or conduct, or any language, behavior or content that contains profanity, obscene gestures, or racial, religious, or ethnic slurs.
- Audio or visual recording of any presentation or attendee without their prior consent.
- Not following the TLP AMBER designation of FS-ISAC events.
- Disrupting event activities and/or arguing with staff or attendees.
- Allowing anyone else to represent you at an event.
- Allowing anyone else to use your badge to enter the event.
- Knowingly using someone else’s badge to enter.
- Intentionally causing damage to the venue facilities.
Consequences of Unacceptable Behavior
FS-ISAC will not tolerate unacceptable behavior outlined in this document. Determinations of inappropriate behavior are at FS-ISAC's sole discretion, and the decision(s) of FS-ISAC will be final.
FS-ISAC expects anyone asked to stop the unacceptable behavior stop immediately. Alcohol consumption is not an excuse for unacceptable behavior. If an event participant engages in unacceptable behavior, the event organizers may take any action they deem appropriate, including expelling the offender from the event without warning with no re-entry.
If expelled from an event:
- There will be no refund of any sponsorship or admission costs.
- FS-ISAC will consider disqualifying the individual(s) or company from attending future events.
- Violation(s) of badge swapping can disqualify the person providing the badge and the person using the badge.
If you witness or are subject to unacceptable behavior, please notify a FS-ISAC staff person or event security staff. Incident reports to FS-ISAC or security will remain confidential. If there is a public safety concern, please contact local authorities immediately.