Shark Tank’s Robert Herjavec to keynote Annual Summit
May 8, 2018 — The Financial Services Information Sharing and Analysis Center (FS-ISAC) kicks off its 2018 Summit season with its North American event in Boca Raton, Fla., May 20-23.
Cybersecurity expert and Shark Tank star Robert Herjavec will keynote the Summit. Herjavec is the founder and chief executive officer (CEO) of The Herjavec Group, a global information security firm. Herjavec will also lead an interactive “Tempt the Titans” session with industry innovators pitching to a panel of financial sector titans. If the titans, including Herjavec and chief information security officers from the FS-ISAC member community, are “tempted” they may make an offer to help the star innovators in some way realize their respective ideas into reality.
“Global cyberthreats continue to evolve from ransomware, to phishing, to ATM jackpotting, to credential harvesting malware and more,” said Bill Nelson, president and CEO of FS-ISAC. “Our Summits are one of the best ways for the financial services sector to learn, network and work together to solve tomorrow’s security threats. Nothing beats face-to-face collaboration for creating trust.”
The Annual Summit brings together financial services sector thought leaders to present and interact with sessions on the latest information, technology, tactics, practices and contingencies for cybersecurity in the industry.
Select sessions of interest include topics like:
• Role of CEOs and board of directors in cybersecurity
• Security awareness
• Threat intelligence
• Protecting data on mobile devices and in the cloud
• Security assessments for mergers and acquisitions
• Using machine learning, automation, orchestration and threat intelligence to protect and reduce risk
• Protecting financial institutions against ransomware attacks, ATM malware, business email compromise and insider threats
• Strategies to advance global payment safety, security, and resiliency
• Regulatory compliance and audits
With 7,000 members in 44 countries, FS-ISAC is committed to extending support and information sharing with the following events:
• Asia Pacific Summit — Singapore (July 18-19)
• Europe, Middle East and Africa Summit — Amsterdam (Oct. 1-3)
• North American Fall Summit — Chicago (Nov. 11-14)