FS-ISAC Cyber Range Exercises FAQs
1. I am unable to attend, can I cancel and receive a refund?
Refunds are available up to 14 days prior to the event. If cancellation is requested within 14 days, we will do all we can to offer a future event within the same calendar year. However, due to limited space, this is not guaranteed, and will be done on a first come, first served basis. Refunds are not available within 14 days of the event.
2. I registered for another employee in my organization. How do I give them access to the registration?
If you registered for someone else, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with their name and the email address connected to their FS-ISAC account and will be happy to transfer the registration over.
3. I am unable to attend, can I transfer my registration to someone else?
Yes, if you registered and are unable to attend, please contact us at email@example.com with the name and email address connected to the FS-ISAC account of the person replacing you and we will be happy to transfer the registration over to them.
4. I registered for the upcoming Cyber Range but have not received any event information or invitation. What do I need to do?
Event access information and invitations are sent out a week ahead of the Cyber Range from our partners at Cyberbit. Once the invites have been sent out, we will reach out to ensure all invites have been received. If you have not received the invite after this time, please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
5. Who are the Cyber Ranges designed for and do they require prior experience?
Our Cyber Ranges are technical exercises designed for beginner to intermediate level network defenders. However, they are meant to challenge even those with more experience.
6. What can I expect day of? What is the structure of the exercise?
Your day will begin with a morning briefing from FS-ISAC on the topic of the exercise, to set the tone of the day. From there, you will break off into your individual classrooms for a series of introductory labs to acclimate you to the environments used in the afternoon. After a break, the afternoon will consist of the live event, where you will be defending against a simulated attack with your peers. A hotwash and feedback survey will complete your day. For more information, please contact us at email@example.com.
7. Is there any prep work I need to do for the Cyber Range exercises?
No, there is no required prep prior to the exercise. There are built in introductory labs to help orient you to the environments used throughout the day.
8. Can I receive a certificate of completion for the Cyber Range exercises?
Each Cyber Range provides 6 hours of credit for continuing professional education. Certificates are sent out via email, usually within 7 days of the event.
9. How much do the Cyber Ranges cost?
The Cyber Ranges are priced at $595.00 per person.
10. What payment methods are accepted for the Cyber Range exercises?
Due to the popularity and limited capacity of our Cyber Range exercise, credit card is the preferred method of payment and you only have a two hour grace period to complete registration. Invoices can be requested by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note: registration is not complete until payment has been rendered and seats are not held under any circumstances. This applies to both credit card and invoice payments, so, if using a credit card, please be sure to compete the registration process in full and if you have requested an invoice, please know the event can sell out prior to payment being rendered.